Louis and Edward Strohacker and C.C. Thompson founded Structo Mfg. Co. in 1908 in Freeport, Illinois. Structo made construction kits (Ready-Built), model car toys and erector sets.
By the end of 1918, Structo launched a new, revolutionary line of 'Auto-Builder Outfits', which included a limited and very impressive selection of cars, trucks and tractors.
Beginning of 1921, these models and a few new models were also being released in a factory assembled 'Ready Built' line.
Structo Toys managed to survive the Great Depression during the 1930s, and the toys made were sold for $1.25 to $5.00. These toys are quite hard to find and can be expensive.
In 1972, Structo was sold to ERTL Toys.