Murray Ohio Manufacturing Co. was founded in 1910 by J. W. Murray in Detroit. After 1919 production continued at a new site in Cleveland. By 1923, Murray was making toy cars using the same steel and manufacturing methods, used to produce (full-size) parts for cars.
Before the 2nd World War, Murray used the name Steelcraft Wheel Goods to market their toys. It wasn't until after the WW2 that they started to use the name Murray.See also Steelcraft.