The Dressel family toy and doll business in Sonneberg, Germany operated for a very long time and passed from one generation to the next, by 1873 the company was known as the Cuno & Otto Dressel Factory.
Cuno purchased bisque doll heads from noted manufacturers such as: Simon & Halbig, Ernst Heubach, Gebruder Heubach & Armand Marseille. The doll company expanded to three factories; dolls were produced in Sonneberg, metal toys in Nurnberg and wood toys in Grunhainichen, Germany.
They were a very prolific producer of dolls and toys. The Dressel doll company used many different markings, one was a symbol of a winged helmet, initials of C.O.D. and some trade names were: Jutta, Jutta Baby, Bambina, Poppy Dolls, Victoria & Holz-Masse.