Mary Rushton from Atlanta, founded The Rushton Company in 1917 and Wight, her daughter, designed most of the dolls. Until 1983 the firm was family owned and operated.
Rushton's dolls were made of the best materials. Rayon, plush and cotton stuffed with top grade products. The sewed-in eyes did not pull out, and the noses were embroidered by hand. Tongues were made of felt & the bows of satin.
Rushton made hand painted, rubber dolls and rubber faced animals from the 1950's until the 1960's. It was one of Rushton's most popular toy lines.